Not-for-profit MTA Procedure for Gateway2-HHMI/UCSD vectors
The following procedure must be completed before we can ship the vector to you. The MTA form must be signed by the PI of your lab as compliance with this MTA rests solely with the Lab PI. We may only ship this vector to labs that have completed the MTA process.
- Download the HHMI mRFP Gateway MTA. This file includes instructions and a checklist, along with the actual MTA.
- Print one copy of this document.
- On page 2 of this packet, in the appropriate spaces, print or type the name of the lab PI and the name of the institution, and date.
- At the bottom, the lab PI must sign and date in the space indicated by "Recipient Investigator".
- Check with your Authorized Institutional Official as your institution may require that their signature be included as well. At universities or not-for-profit institutions, such an individual is often in the Office of the Vice President for Research or Technology Transfer office.
- If an Authorized Institutional Official is required to sign, insert an approval area or add an extra page with their signature.
- If your institution has not modified the agreement, the institutional official or the PI should email a copy, containing both signatures (as needed), to USCD at firstname.lastname@example.org" and cc the DGRC at email@example.com.
- Email the form to UCSD firstname.lastname@example.org" and cc the DGRC at email@example.com.
- Once the DGRC and UCSD receive the MTA signed by the PI and the institutional officer, we will enter it into our system. You will then be able to place your order. (Note that a Carnegie MTA is also required to obtain the eight mRFP1 Gateway vectors.)
- The recipient PI is responsible for making sure a copy of the MTA gets to the DGRC. With a pdf of the MTA there's less chance for the MTA to get lost (like with paper or faxed docs) and it's quicker to transmit.
- If any changes are requested, send the MTA to firstname.lastname@example.org to approve such changes.
The UCSD MTA office will return copies of the fully executed MTA by pdf only, and only when requested in writing (please make this request in the box for listing constructs in the middle of the page on the MTA, including an email address).